Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bathing Beauties


Gloria and Chloe
Summer 2004

One year, Gloria and Chloe were selected to have their photo taken to be featured in the MMR calendar. It was the same summer we had new siding put on our house and there were little pieces of metal outside in the yard. Gloria ate a piece of the metal -- we don't know how -- but she nearly died from it. She had many close calls with death! None of the other dogs had an problems with the debris -- just Gloria.

This picture was taken around the time I used to roll them around the neighborhood in a red wagon. Unfortunately, I never took their picture in it. One day, on our way to the beach -- their FAVORITE place in the world -- I saw an older man walking with a limp and a cain. He said to me, "Those are some fine looking dogs you have there." Then he asked, "How old?" When I told him they were 16, he said "WOW!" He asked me if they were healthy and I said, "Mostly, they are. But they have some health issues." He replied, "Don't we all. We all gotta go some time."

M. Samantha Kinsley
All Rights Reserved, 2006

No comments: