Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sometimes, I Admit, I'm Wrong


Okay, so previously I've written that I always give out our phone number to owners who are surrendering their dogs -- and that I rarely get calls.

That's not the case with Tee Sea's family. His mom has now called me twice. Each time she calls she sounds hopeful, but broken-hearted.

She called today to see how he was doing. I told her that he's doing well. He has been recovering from a canine tooth cleaning -- unlike humans (well, most humans) dogs have to be anesthetized when they have their teethies cleaned. (I actually know a few humans who have to be anesthetized for this too -- another reason why dogs are better than humans, wouldn't you say?)

Tee Sea had to have six extractions. In addition, he had to have a mole removed from his eyelid (ouch) and several old man -- cauliflower looking spots zapped off. Two places required stitches. I told his former owner that he was settling in well. And I asked her if he followed them everywhere in the house and she said, "Yes! Everywhere."

When I say that this guy follows us everywhere - I am not kidding. We can't even use the bathroom alone because he's right there on the floor next to us!

The one thing about Tee Sea is that HE DOES NOT LIKE HAVING HIS PICTURE TAKEN! Look at the mug on this guy today.

She and I didn't speak long -- but long enough for me to tell her he's doing well. And he is. Really.
This blog, its words, and photographs are the intellectual property of M. Samantha Kinsley, 2006.

No comments: